Hello crafters! I’m Joan Bardee (Dear Paperlicious on IG) and I am delighted to share a few holiday cards made with Alex Syberia products.
Pairing The Joyful Poinsettia die (a showstopper) with a black background will guarantee a dramatic card. It’s easy, faster than it looks, and the result is big, graphic, and colorful.
- Die cut layers of Joyful Poinsettia Die Set in 3 shades of pink and a light yellowish green.
- Blend ink along the center and sides of the flowers and leaves (I don’t think this was effective – my ink blending skills aren’t the greatest and there wasn’t enough contrast to make it worth it. I say skip it next time!).
- Die cut greenery in a darker green.
- Trim black cardstock to an A2 size (5.5” x 4.25”) and splatter white paint.
- Put together the flower but do not adhere the layers. Place the flower on the A2 panel and trim.
- Assemble flower as shown with foam tape between layers (I love dimension!) and add greenery.
- Die cut Noel in white and the shadow die in green.
- Adhere the poinsettia, the greenery, and the sentiment.
- Adhere bright pink sequins.
- Be delighted!
MAKE A TREE
Love using the extras that are included in stamp and die sets to create a focal point. It’s a great way to stretch our money and our creativity. For this card, I used the branch stencil and die included in Holiday Wreath & Branch Stencil & Die set to form a tree.
- Stencil the branch 4 times in shades of aqua and red.
- Die cut a triangle in white cardstock to form a tree base.
- Place each branch on the triangle and trim with scissors. You’ll have enough pieces to make 6 branches.
- Add silver embellishments.
- Hot foil “Joy” using red hot foil onto white cardstock and die cut. Die cut 2 more layers of Joy in white cardstock and adhere all the layers with glue.
- Adhere as shown with slivers of foam tape under the branches.
- Clean, fresh, and very Christmas. I love it.
As I write this blog post, the products I used are sold out on the Alex Syberia site – and the shop will be closed as of December 15, 2023, to prepare for a move. So, I am linking these products to Scrapbook.com, one of the sites where they are available.
My very best wishes for a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all. Thanks to Alex for inviting me to work with her products. As you can see, they are amazing!